It’s no surprise that people bring jewelry with them on their vacations. Jewelry is part of who you are! You want to wear it while traveling, not leave it behind. But have you ever found yourself worrying about whether your precious jewels will be safe while traveling?
Well, you’re not alone, my friends! Because I’ll be honest with you, I remember feeling the same way when I was preparing to go on my honeymoon. But not to fret, all of you travel lovers out there! I’m here to tell you that bringing along your jewelry on vacation is fine, you just want to be sure to take some extra precautions to ensure its safety! So whether you’re a jet-setter or weekend road-tripper, here are some helpful safety tips from my travel-savvy friends over at Perfect Circle™ Jewelry Insurance by Jewelers Mutual.
1. Choose wisely. Pack light and take only the jewelry you’ll wear while traveling and at your destination. The 4-carat diamond ring you save for special occasions? Probably not. The pearls that go with everything? Definitely.
2. Make a list. List all the jewelry you’ll take with you. Make two copies. Take one copy with you and store it separately from your jewelry. Leave the other copy at home. Also helpful: take pictures or a video of your jewelry.
3. Carry it on. Never put jewelry in checked bags. Instead, wear it or stow it in your carry-on bag. If you wear it, take extra care by slipping a pendant inside a sweater or turning your ring so only the band shows.
4. Keep it with you. Put your jewelry in a favorite bag you’ll carry while traveling. Don’t leave your jewelry in an unattended car or suitcase. When checking into your hotel or condo, don’t hand your jewelry bag to hotel staff. Carry it personally.
5. Use the safe. Always store jewelry in the in-room safe when you’re not wearing it.
6. Insure it right. Perfect Circle™ Jewelry Insurance by Jewelers Mutual expertly insures your personal jewelry against loss, damage, theft and mysterious disappearance wherever your travels take you, worldwide. So get the right insurance. Then relax and have fun.
So whether it’s your engagement ring or the diamond studs you inherited from your grandmother, this nearly 100-year-old company is passionate about protecting the items most precious to you. Their caring customer care representatives work with you to provide your valuable jewelry the care and protection they warrant both at home and while traveling anywhere in the world. For more tips on how to keep your jewelry safe while traveling, be sure to visit Perfect Circle™ Jewelry Insurance by Jewelers Mutual.
Also I can't go without mentioning the amazing giveaway brought to you by the personal jewelry insurance brand, Perfect Circle™ Jewelry Insurance ( a product of Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company) and Jewelers for Children! For five weeks straight they’ve been sending people on a treasure hunt through their website for a chance to win jewelry that supports children in need! New prizes and new winners are announced every week!
To participate, visitors must find the gem icon which will be placed in a new location on the website each week during the sweepstakes period. Once the gem is found, participants must click it to reveal the entry page. Need a little help finding the gems? Weekly clues to the gem’s whereabouts will be available on the Perfect Circle Jewelry Insurance Facebook page here! Don’t miss your chance to win free jewelry and support a good cause! Click here to enter the Great Gem Find Giveaway! And hurry because this giveaway ends Friday, September 21, 2012.